Social Icons

Friday 21 November 2014

Getting my first job!!!







It feels great to share with you all my lifetime experience of getting my first job – Personal banker, ING Vysya Bank. 

ING Vysya Bank Ltd is a premier private sector bank with retail, private and wholesale banking platforms that serve over two million customers. It offers a broad range of innovative and established products and services. It feels really proud to become a part of the big team!
 
To tell about the demanding placement process, it had 3 steps: Sales aptitude test, GD, and Personal interview. The sales aptitude was conducted in our campus, which was more of a psychometric test checking our predisposition to have a good match to the job’s profile. It was a non-elimination round and we were all asked to come to Chennai for the rest of the process. A Big thanks to our faculty for having put their time and efforts to groom us up through the mock GD & PI process. 

It was this that urged me to prepare well on the banking concepts, current news on the sector, basic finance & marketing concepts. It helped me to throw light on my areas of improvement and to sharpen my strengths. It truly was boosting up our confidence for the challenge ahead- for life deciding moments!! 

The travel to Chennai felt like a very long journey to reach my fortune. I had to prepare myself for the tough fight (as it was a pooled selection process – with unknown people with unpredictable talents – my competitors!!).  All of my 11th hour preparations were to face the GD- updated myself on the facts and figures that I can quote to substantiate my stand on the all possible topics (all only to get a totally unexpected topic!!!)

Finally it dawned to be the day – the day of our interview. It was spine-chilling when I saw the crowd that was gathered at the venue- all aspiring candidates with loads of preparations and expectations just like me! I was called in for GD in my panel that had 10 candidates- all TSMites. The next minute we were done with our GD, 3 of us were shortlisted for PI from my panel. It was a long wait to attend the PI which lasted for more than 20 minutes. Around 8pm the billion dollar question was answered – I was selected!! 

Thanks to all those who have made this happen.


This post was written by C.Meena , Second Year, MBA.


What the mind can conceive - it can achieve. Nice work!  Best wishes from TSM on this well-deserved recognition of your merits!

1 comments:

  1. Congrats Meena.............

    "Hard work Never Fails"................

    ReplyDelete